Hi and my daughter 2 year old

i am worried she is not put two word together and she only say hi, mom, dad, bye and what her to tslk more word

toddler girl

NewMOM69

Asked by NewMOM69 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All I can say is talk to her doc about it and see if he/she is concerned! Here is a bump!
    kayceeisit

Answer by kayceeisit at 12:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Is she barely 2 or closer to three?
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Don't want to be rude or assume anything, but is English your first language? Sorry, NewMOM89. I am totally not trying to be mean, I am just curious and hoping to understand a bit better. Maybe think of a good way to help you.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• How is her Receptive Language?
    Some children even though don't start talking in full sentences yet they still have vast knowledge when it comes to receptive, cognitive, etc. As pp said you can ask your doctor to refer you for an speech evaluation. Hope your worries get to be addressed
    MMXI

Answer by MMXI at 12:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• does she need to talk? if you answer her needs by her just saying one word or pointing, there is not alot of incentive for her to string 2-3-4 words together. kwim?
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 1:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Give her multivitamins that had brain development so that the talk will be a normal for two years old.
    Sew-sun

Answer by Sew-sun at 2:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Go see a doctor, although in my experience after 2 children really start to develop their language skills pretty well, even toddlers who haven't been saying many words at all, however i definitely think you should have a talk to your doctor about your concern, they are the professionals and will know exactly what they are talking about . :)
    seans_mummy

Answer by seans_mummy at 4:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011