Food stamps

um so I need to show proof of my income I'm self employed so I'm showing ledger sheets. I have bank statements but they dont list all my income,because I just didnt turn the money into the bank it went straight to bills. SO they want my ledgers I list everything I've earned in the last six months. DO I also have to give them my bank statements,with all my information? Cause that doesn't seem fair cause they will have my information.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• It's much different in Canada as we don't have food stamps, but rather just welfare. Here you would need to show them EVERYTHING, there's no such thing as privacy. So, I'd say yes to your bank records too,
    mrsvixen

Answer by mrsvixen at 12:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• tax returns?
    starlight1968

Answer by starlight1968 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes you have to show it all. I am not sure if you can black out all your account number.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• How is it not fair? You want them to give you something, so you need to give them everything they need. Would you rather not get the FS because you were worried about bank statements?
    tomib

Answer by tomib at 12:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I dont know where you live at....but here in Oregon, for Food stamps all they needed is a birth certificate ( for everyone that you are applying for) and income and if they need anything else they will let you know what you need to bring
    Jennifer_236

Answer by Jennifer_236 at 12:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• they want everything and dont black out you account number. they want that too. they wont except the paper if anything is blacked out
    minki111

Answer by minki111 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

minki111

• You have to give them your bank statements and yes they do want your account number as well.

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Here in NC, you are supposed to show proof of all your income. It doesn't matter who you are, it applies to everybody. If you don't give them what they want, you just can't get them.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I give them the first page of my bank statement that just shows what is in our savings. I do not show them all our transactions from our checking account. That is none of their business. As far as income, if you have your taxes done, that should be enough. Dh and I are both self-employed. I have an in-home daycare and show them my weekly receipts that I give the parents. For dh, he does construction, we give them copies of the bills that the customers sign and specify what is materials, sub-contractor pay and what is my dh's pay on there. He has had a couple of jobs where he is the sub-contractor so he types up a bill for whoever is paying him stating how many hours and how much per hour. So, if you have a bill or receipt that you gave customers that will work.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2011