Continue On bio dad....

O.k, so last time I talked about this I was asking if I should allow my 11 year old dd to meet her bio dad, even though Child supoort couldn't find him. I got a lot of good feed back. Thanks. I choose to take some of your advise. I looked and search for tw days tring to find him. Finally today I found his older brother On fb, what do you know. Her dad was one of his friends. So I talked to my dd. She was excited. It made me want to cry. I don't know why. maybe becouse it became reality at that moment that she might just get to know him. I let her leave a message on his facebook as well as his new feance. And his brother. But now I'm scared. He has never been a dad to her. We were both real young when I got pg, he was 15 and I was 16, I took care of her and never cared that he didn't want to be in her life. But I never tought of how she felt. I never made the choose for him not to be a dad. He made that one. He said he was too young. So was I. I'm not a kid no more so how do I let the past go. I don't want anything to do with him but I love my dd and she does. How do I encorage a relationship that I'm ageanst? Any advise please. I'm scared.

Kimberly71682

Asked by Kimberly71682 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just warn her that you don't want her to get hurt, and that she needs to be careful.  Try not to say anything bad about him to her.  I know it's not something your happy about but she wants to, so just try to smile even if its fake and support her in this.

sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I met my bio whenI was 15. It didn't turn out well for me. Might want to warn her how he may not want to do with her. Or she may fidn out he is a creep. I don't regret meeging him. I wil have othing to do with him tho. I am glad I was let to choose for myself. GL I think that either way she won't regret meeting him. Maybe not now but latter.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 10:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

• Well, I found him... He doesn't want anything to to with her. He has two other dd and said they are his only girls.. I can't tell her. I don't want to hurt her. IDK.
    Kimberly71682

Comment by Kimberly71682 (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2011