Are you 100% honest with your SO?

I know it's almost near impossible, but do you try to be 100% with your SO?
We've been together for nine years, and we don't keep secrets from each other. Heck I think to a point, we may tell each other too much info lol, but we're also best friends as well as lovers and partners

mrsvixen

Asked by mrsvixen at 12:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• No. I've tried and it's caused more arguments by being honest & sharing everything. I don't lie. I just withhold information or don't voice my opinion. I'm learning how to hold my tongue. But if it works for you, great.

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'd have to say yes I am.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 12:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't get to honest with my dh because he doesn't understand things when i talk to him it is like we are not even in the same book let alone the same page...he just does not understand
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am with Danni...me and my SO are best friends and get along great. We have not ever had a major argument and I think it's cause we are both laid back chill people. If something really bothers me, I tell him and we talk about it. And he does the same. But for minor little things I will bite my tongue or withhold things I know would be nitpicking or bitchy or hurt his feelings, etc. just to keep the peace. I would rather be happy and not entirely honest that always bicker over little things.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 1:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• no im not there r just certain u dont need to tell people
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 1:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No. I have told white lies or lies by omission in the past to preserve the peace, or to keep from hurting his feelings.

Example: He's always wanted to have sex on a pool table. I did that with my ex, but you won't catch me telling DH that!
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nope
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 1:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nope don't lie or keep things from DH. We have a wonderful relationship where we can tell each other pretty much everything. Now some details about our past, we keep to ourselves. But only because I think it would disturb us. Like DH is bipolar and he doesn't tell me whats in his head most of the time. I know its not pretty. Some things in my past he'd rather not hear the details of. He knows the basics though. Thats really about the only things where there isn't full disclosure. Even so if either of us asked we'd tell each other the details. We've just agreed not to ask.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My husband and I are coming up on our 25Th anniversary this year. We used to share every ooh and aha until someone left a thing or two out........nothing big just a oh I forgot kinda thing, ya know. About our 15 year together every thing every thought was not as important although lots of other things were. Sometimes in a marriage less is more. I adore my husband and he adores me but our marriage has gone into so many different levels and come  back, so will yours. The way to stay married as long as we have is what you two already have. LOVE.

in loveMichelle

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yep. I tell him everything. I treat him exactly the way I want to be treated.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 4:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2011