What is the best remedy for a fever?

My son is 5 mths. and he has had a fever for the past 2 days...Iv'e given him tylenol and "Feverall"....it has gone down some but not enough i think.....this is my next step before we go to the hospital....please help

jenna0708

Asked by jenna0708 at 12:24 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Everytime my daughter has had a fever, I get into the shower with her and put the water cool
    It usually knocks her temperature down.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• like above said cool to warm shower works. i also do the cool to warm wash clothes and i had to go back and forth between tynol and motrin with my second one. he had a fever that lasted 3 days =( its not fun.
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:02 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• how high is it by the way? if its 102 or higher i would be going to the ER...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:04 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• well i took him a cool shower...it helped....his temp. was 101.1.....and now it has droped to 99.5....thank you for your answers!!
    jenna0708

Answer by jenna0708 at 1:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2008