Water?? adult content

My 9 month old loves water..he always wants some.how much is to much..I say he drinks like 2-3 ozs but he always wants more..

socalikim

Asked by socalikim at 1:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well ur body is 3/4 water so its always good for u my daughter drinks water all the time just make sure their peeing as much as their intake
    bdg27

Answer by bdg27 at 1:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Water is good for babies to have. Just give water instead of juice.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'd give him as much as he wanted. I doubt that he is going to drink up to the harmful amount, which is ALOT!
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 1:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If he likes to drink it, give it to him. Just dont let it replace meals. If he is drinking more than eating u might want to have him checked out.
    tlvalmom

Answer by tlvalmom at 1:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• waters not going to fill him if hes hungry let the boy drink! lol
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Before one, water is NOT a good idea. Yes, they "Can" have it starting at 6 months, but, too much can cause an electrolyte imbalance in babies. Essentially causing water poisoning. They are too young and too small for water. BM and formula is really all they needs for fluids. They don't need juice either. 2 or 3 oz. is fine a day.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• BradenIsMySon is the only one that has it right...you can good water poisoning in a baby under 1 and it will tell you exactly what she said.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• if hes still on formlua, thats all he needs. Besides, isn't formula like 80% water anyway?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's great that your baby likes water so much! They can have too much at that age, although it's perfectly ok for them to have some water everyday. I usually would just let my son have water during meals to quench his thirst. The rest of the time he got formula until he turned one.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Juice is ok for babies to have as long as you give them no more than 1/2 cup a day. We should be careful with our babies nutrition but if they enjoy juice it's not going to hurt them at all to have the recommended amount per day.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 3:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011