What would i give a 3 week old for allergies?

my daughter is 3 weeks and 2 days old she has a stopped up nose and i think its her allergies she hasn't been sleeping as well as she was when she came home she weighs 6 pounds and 2 ounces now

KinsleysMomma

Asked by KinsleysMomma at 1:16 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nothing. She is still too young.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 1:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• NOTHING! TAKE HER TO SEE HER PEDIATRICIAN OR TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!!!!!!! She is WAY too young for YOU to ASSUME she has allergies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• she could have a cold...but dont give her anything witout taking her to a doctor first...she is too young for any meds as it is
    mama2my2boys

Answer by mama2my2boys at 1:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Put breastmilk around the nostril openings to help clear it. Breastmilk has antibacterial properties and is perfectly safe for your little one.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• And I also agree with ANON. You can't assume she has allergies. She is WAY too young to make assumptions. Her nostrils are tiny and she is trying to acquire an immune system of her own.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My son was the same way!! All u can do is suck their nose out or put them in a steamy room. Like turn the shower on hott and take the baby in the room. Worked well for my son! Nd prop the baby up on a pillow while she sleeps. Put a humidifier in thw room and don't use fans bc that triggered my sons terribly bad. Clean and dust a lot!! Hope I helped (:
    EheartsZ07

Answer by EheartsZ07 at 1:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• DO NOT USE A PILLOW. That is super dangerous for a newborn. SIDS waiting to happen. I wouldn't suggest the humidifier or steamy room either. Suctioning can harm the mucous membranes if you aren't careful.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If you are careful, you can successfully suction a baby. But do not gauge her nose with the suction bulb and pay close attention to what you are doing.
    allen.moriahd

Answer by allen.moriahd at 1:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Don't use a pillow and no meds. But you can slightly elevate the crib by taking the wheels off one end. The doctor told me to do that with my DD and it helped her a bit.

SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 1:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• what makes u think it is allergies besides a stuffed up nose>?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 1:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011