How can I enjoy my high risk pregnancy, after losing a child?

i have lost a child due to heart defects

bdg27

Asked by bdg27 at 1:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would say RELAX...seriously just relax and mediate when you can the more calm you are the more calm the baby is. If you believe in God, pray and trust in him.... more then anything take it day by day and stay strong
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Like alotleft2do said....pray. I lost my first child to miscarriage, and my next pregnancy after that was high risk...so I understand your dilemma. I didn't just pray...I cried out to God. I told Him my fears, my frustrations, even my expectations and hopes. He comforted me in a way I can't describe. ((HUGS!)) Best wishes to you and your unborn baby, and may God bless you both. Also, my condolences on your loss. A support group for mothers who have suffered the loss of a child would probably help you greatly. It will help you not feel so alone, and they can help you grieve in a healthy way. One more word of advice on that, though: If you lost an unborn child, seek a miscarriage support group; if you lost a born infant, then seek a stillbirth/ infant loss group, and so on. The feelings and tone of those groups are different, and it can make a huge difference in the effectiveness of your therapy.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• need to your inner peace losing a child is hard i know first hand
    i lost 3 i was afraid of having a other child but 5 kids later
    i knew this was blessing from god
    okay to ask for help take it ease for while let others do work around the house ask your mate to help out more
    and god bless
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 2:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• So sorry for your loss hun. I think the important thing to remember is this is not the lost child. This is another chance at a family, another chance to share in hopes and dreams for your baby. There is hope that this baby will be healthy, and happy, for a good long time, and you should try to be healthy and happy right there beside him or her. I wish you lots of luck.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 2:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You probably will not enjoy it. I lost my first at 8weeks, 2nd at 24 weeks. My 3rd pregnancy I was a wreck! I didn't enjoy it like I should have. But don't stress because its not good for the baby. I have a healthy little boy who is 3 now and we are pregnant again. I am still scared this time but it does get better. Hang in there...
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 11:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I lost my first child at 21 weeks due to an incompetant cervix.My 2nd I was always worrying,however with this pregnancy I take it one day at a time and thats all you can do.People that have not suffered a loss could never understand how it feels.However just take it one day a time and focus on the positive that this new baby will bring.
    FitMom9603

Answer by FitMom9603 at 1:40 PM on Apr. 6, 2011