Help me figure out...

what is going on! At night when I lay down and try to fall asleep I start feeling this tingling all over my legs like something is crawling all over them. I have lost so much sleep because I can't get comfortable and I am constantly scratching them. I have washed the sheets over and over, I have laid there then turned th ligh on suddenly to see if there was bugs, and nothing. This has been going on for a long time and I have never been able to find what's causing it. I'm starting to think it's in my head or something but I have no clue how to make it stop.

kayaiden8907

Asked by kayaiden8907 at 1:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Health

• most likely it is like the others have said. . . RLS can effect you in different ways. . . but mostly that you can't get comfortable tingly feeling that is crawling all over your legs. I get it too. . . I take magnesium, and it helps very much. . . you can get over the counter remedies for it, but your best bet would be to talk to you doctor. GL
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 2:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yeah, then it might be RLS. There's a medication called Mirapex that's on the market (not particularly cheap if you don't have insurance). I use a Hyland's product (homeopathic) that makes a big difference called Restful Legs. I have to take it early, but it helps.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Is anyone else in your bed? Are they having this issue, too?
    If they're not, it's possible it's Restless Leg Syndrome, which is fairly common. It can be different for different people, but for me, it's an uncontrollable urge to move my legs, particularly when I'm tired. Might be worth seeing if that's the diagnosis with a doc. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I sleep with my SO, and he never feels anything and gets annoyed at me wiggling all night
    kayaiden8907

Comment by kayaiden8907 (original poster) at 1:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's called RLS, restless leg syndrome, or at least that what I believe you are describing. When I was pregnant, I experienced the same thing. I made sure I didn't eat or drink anything with sugar or caffeine a few hours before bedtime; it helped tremendously. Also phenergan has the same effect on me.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 2:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It sounds like Restless Leg Syndrome. There's medications that'll make it better, but most of the time I just get out of bed and sit in a tub of hot water. That usually works.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 2:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i agree RLS... you can get some homeopathic stuff that works great from hylands.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:14 PM on Apr. 6, 2011