I adore my motorcycle- but my husband said NO more riding

I used to ride all the time before he met me.. But he saw someone on post driving one like a jack ass, and he saw them wreck, and burned to death.. Yes, that is a HORRIBLE experience. But Im not him.

Anyways, after we had our daughter he said he hates the motorcycle because its so dangerous. Yes, I agree, and to make him feel at ease, I havent ridden for two years.

What do I do? I've tried convincing him.. didnt work. I love the ride, I ADORE it... Is it really gone forever?

Who out there loves the ride? :)

stenhouse_baby

Asked by stenhouse_baby at 3:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• I used to and my mother forbid me, and said no too. But I was a grown woman then and you are now. If you can't please everyone then ya gotta please Y---s--f (yourself). Do what makes you feel good even if it makes him feel bad. If he loves you and he does, he will get over it.

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 3:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My X husband knew i loved bikes and never ever wanted me on one so i settled and didn't learn, he then left and not three months later i got my own bike, i love it. I know they are dangerous, BUT SO IS crossing the street in NYC, so...do what you feel, maybe get a scooter, idk...wish you the best...ill ride for both of us this spring/summer :)
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 9:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• In Europe so many women own vespas and motorcycles. GL to you. This is a situation where you want to make your husband happy but you need to make yourself happy too.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 8:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• you know whenever i see a woman on a bike, all i can think of is she a dude. sorry, i know not all women look like that, but there are some that are really butchy and very much look like a man on there. but anyway, if your husband is against it because of safety maybe take a ride with him to show him that you are a good driver and see what happens, but you are a grown woman who really doesn't need his approval.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 11:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I understand that seeing someone killed would put a damper on the way he sees motorcycles, but honestly, name something that is 100% safe? There have been cases where kids are killed in car wrecks because of the carseat they were in, but it doesn't mean that I'm going to stop putting DD in a carseat...just saying.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:13 PM on Apr. 6, 2011