Could someone please tell me what the heck the deal is...

I keep seeing "bump" this and "bump" that... what is the deal with"bumping"? I haven't done it myself since I don't know what it is... help please!

CCnAMPsMama19

Asked by CCnAMPsMama19 at 4:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Well if you have a question and someone doesnt know it they bump you, then you get "bumped" to the top of the questions so more people can see it. I think you also get points for bumping.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• bump means bring up my poat so when you want your post to be "bumped" to the top you click bump! i hope this makes sense its really late here!
    MamaSusieQ045

Answer by MamaSusieQ045 at 4:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You get a point for bumping someone's question. Bump it if you agree or just like it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Clicking on "bump this question" gives the question more attention by showing it in the colored boxes on each question page. It is done to help more people see it and hopefully get more answers .
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Is it the same in the "questions" part (here) and in the "group" (posts)?
    CCnAMPsMama19

Comment by CCnAMPsMama19 (original poster) at 8:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Bumping in groups is NOT the same as bumping in Q&A. In groups, bumping moves the post to the top. In Q&A, it does not move it - if a post gets a lot of bumps, it will be in the "most bumped" list, which can get it more views, but it does NOT move it any higher in the list on the subject page or anything. So typing "bump" in an answer does absolutely nothing - only hitting the "bump this question" button does.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2011