I had my son a month ago. Is it normal that i have a diffrent color blood clot?

So past 4 days ive been gettin really huge blood clots.. Now the past 2 days they are getting smaller..But most are red, but has a whiteish color to it too. It looks like the "tissue" from in your body. While it also looks like something diffrent.. But idk. NEVER had i had this color of a blood clot even b4 I was pregnant and had my periods. Is this normal?

shortcup891

Asked by shortcup891 at 12:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is normal for the color of the blood to change as your body heals. Although I don't think your supposed to have big clots like bigger than a golf ball. Call your ob. if your concerned.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Its perfectly normal and since the clots are getting smaller I wouldn't worry. As for the white is it like a discharge? After I had my son I noticed the bloody clots would mix with a white discharge I know nasty. If you are really worried go to your ob/gyn. I hope this helped.
    heartnhidin

Answer by heartnhidin at 12:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• no not a white disharge. it looks like a clot itself but not red.... i tried to look at it ((gross but was worried lol)) and it just didnt seem normal but who knows?
    shortcup891

Answer by shortcup891 at 12:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• i think its normal i had some pretty good sized clots after my first one and freaked out went to ER to find out that it was a normal thing.. if still concerned talk to your DR
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 12:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My doctor told me that if I was passing blood clots the size of (or bigger) than a half dollar that I needed to be seen again, because it means that something is not healing. At a month you should be having a much lighter discharge (still a little bloody, but old blood, not new, and no more clots).

I would call your doctor and ask about it, just to be safe.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2008