Would you ever go back to an Ex-Spouse?

My ex, Jerry, and I were high school sweethearts. I was a year older and went into the Marines first. We lost touch. I tried to find him, but couldn't for several years. I married and had children. I always missed and loved him. I divorced several years later (10) and found him again. We married and had a son. I thought I had HEAVEN on EARTH! Later, I found out he'd been cheating on me and he eventually stopped coming home for days at a time. We divorced and I was torn apart mentally, and my heart was shredded. He stayed with the girl he left me for and had a child, but he still wants to have sex with me all the time. He says he's made a mistake in leaving me, but won't leave the gf.
Knowing what I've told you...would you ever take an Ex back? Can a cheater stop cheating?

Droyal14u

Asked by Droyal14u at 5:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Never, because I believe an ex is an ex for a reason. Usually when you miss someone you miss the man you think he is not the guy you were in a relationship with. So while you're thinking about the past you're remembering Mr. Heaven on Earth not the real Mr. Jerry That Couldn't Keep it In his Pants. You deserve better and he has no respect for you. There will always be other women. Let the past go and look to the present. He didn't respect you then and he won't respect you now years later. Sure it will be a nice reunion, don't let him destroy you again. I could be wrong sure, however, are you thinking clearly about who this guy is?
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 6:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• He won't leave the woman he's with now...You said so yourself. He cheated on you, left you for her, and then wants you back but won't leave her.....Sounds like he just wants to have both of you...Doesn't sound like he could actually be in a committed relationship.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 5:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Been their done that. No I will never take an EX back. He's an EX for a reason.

Answer by louise2 at 6:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Why would you even consider this? Absolutely not. There is a reason hes an ex and he needs to stay an ex!
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Uh no, not in the circumstances you described and honestly why dont you think you deserve better than him? My ex did the same thing and I was torn apart, until I realized I didnt deserve that. I did nothing wrong, he had. My ex lived with the other woman, she got pregnant, they had a kid, and split up last summer. He started sending messages through my son about how he had changed and second chances. I will always love my ex because we have a child together, but just the fact he would send messages to a married woman through his son showed me he had no changed. It is time for you to move on and find someone who will treat you the way you deserve to be treated.

Answer by gemgem at 7:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• HELLLLLLLL NOOOOOO
    LiviLove613

Answer by LiviLove613 at 8:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Knowing he will not leave her shows he will still cheat, i believe that men SOME men learn from their mistakes...however just wanting to come back for sex isn't a valid basis on taking him back. He isn't coming back correct jmo.
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 9:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No I wouldn't take an ex-spouse back. He is using you for sex and to stroke his own ego. You need to move on.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• after all that? hell no. esp if he's spewing crap like, "i made a mistake leaving you (but i won't leave the one i cheated on you with)". well sir, you are stuck with that decision. i would move on. your children deserve better role model than that guy.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I meet my (now ex-husband) high school sweetheart when I was in 11th grade. We dated for 2 years, then we got married 2 weeks after my high school graduation and had two children, and I divorced him in 06. Then about 4 months later he called and told me that the grass wasnt greener on the other side like he thought it was. When he brought the kids back that weekend and then wanted to make it work. Everything was fine until "she" convinced him to come back to her. (she worked with him, and I knew her years ago) But I wanted to work because I had 15 years with this man, and for my children's sake. But he wanted to make it work a few more times after that and just put my foot down, and I said "I'm not taking you back again for you to hurt my kids, b/c we are adults and we can get through it, but the kids are the ones that suffer.

Alabamamama06

Answer by Alabamamama06 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011