Where do we go from here?

My husband and I are currently living in So. Cali with friends from church. We have lived in the area for a little over 3 years but only recently had to move in with someone else because we were unable to pay rent on our own. All of our family is in WA state. I just gave birth to our son and I am really wanting my family to be able to watch him grow, and be a part of his life. The living situation is hard and not right for us. I feel like I have no home. We don't have any privacy and feel like we are constantly being watched and judged. The thing is that we cannot afford to get our own place around here. I want to go back to WA state, that way we can stay with my mom until we get on our feet. You get payed a lot better up there. But my husband is really involved in our church and doesn't want to leave. I can't stand living here though. I don't know what to do anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Home & Garden

• you need to have a talk with your husband about whats more important. its great that hes involved with the church, but you and your son should be more important. its not right for you guys to be put on the back burner and be miserable just because of his church. you can do what my mom did with my dad, they moved to Texas for my dads work, and all of our family lives in illinois, my mom tried talking to him about moving back, pretty much for the exact same reasons as you. and my dad wouldnt listen, so finally my mom said that she was moving back, either with or without him (he came with lol) but i would definitely talk to him about how you feel and explain that you want better for your whole family
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• God doesnt care which church you go to..... i'd have a heart to heart with him, and let him know you arent happy. Talk to him and explain how you feel and let him know that you dont have privacy, and besides if you are being judged, thats not a good thing, people in church shouldnt judge, says so in the bible... besides, if you packed up your baby, and went home... he can either go with you, or be without you....
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I guess it's time to pray sister. For your marriage you need to make a joint decision. Your hubby is the head of your family and needs to be able to provide for you, and can't do that where you are... Talk to your priest or pastor, they must have sister churches in WA. I wouldn't leave without him, that would be like leaving half of yourself behind. Tell him how you feel, without putting the "blame" on him for being there.
    JenRockwell

Answer by JenRockwell at 1:58 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You need to talk with your husband and let him know how you really feel. But respect his decision either way. And if he doesn't want to move, just keep praying about it. God will place you where you should be.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:28 PM on Nov. 30, 2008