can shaking and poking your belly while pregant hurt the baby?

I had a 4d ultrasound done today, and the lady doing it was pushing down hard and shaking him around to get him to change position. Can that hurt him? Or give him brain damage? I am such a worry wart.... Now I cant seem to wait until he is born to know if he is ok....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no, it is ok. Dont worry.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• lol, no don't worry. Trust me your baby has plenty of cushion in there. I would do that to my belly when i was pregnant and my husband thought the same thing but my baby is great. You just don't want any hard blows to your stomach.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• This is a very good question, I do not know the answer but I assume that it wouldn't... they are in a protective sac,
    MommaMajeski

Answer by MommaMajeski at 12:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• They are in layers and layers of fat and tissue and then protected in a fluid of water. If you hit and shake a fish tank around does it hurt or give fish brain damage? Same concept. The lady did that to me at the 3d ultrasound too. Plus the movement of walking or going up or down stairs jumbles them around too. I knew a lady who used to run every day pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• are you girls sure, I mean I have felt him move alot since then... but gheeze I have had one misscarriage before, and I am overly cautious this time around. I kept asking her if that would hurt him and she was like oh no.. I am just shaking him up to get his picture.. then later I was thinkin well of course that is ur main goal, I am paying u....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I'm sure. I had two miscarriages to. Don't think that your miscarriage was do to any thing like this or something you did.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 12:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• No, She did the same with me during my ultrasounds. The baby is safe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• ok thanks.. i keep thinking about it and it just worries me so much! I was telling my husband that i feel really irresponsible as his mom to let her shake and poke so hard... for my selfish reasons of wanting to see what he looked like... I kno it is probably stupid to worry, but its hard not to, too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• you girls are great! i didnt expect to get answers so quickly! thanks so much! I really appreciate it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I rememeber my ignorant friend, when her baby would kick she would smack her belly and tell her baby to behave, that if the baby hits her that she was going to hit it too..weird right...
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 1:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008