Wouldn't they have done something??

My sister ex boyfriend had my neice, and when she went to pick her up, they were all drunk and stoned. She has been telling the cops about him using drugs, but they can't do anything until they catch him. Well, she said some guy came to the door looked stoned, and their were other children below the age of 10. Neice said that they were drinking and smoking cigs in the garage and told them not to go in there. Shouldn't my sister called the cops for child endangerment?? Or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't let my child go over there. Sounds like they are breaking a couple of laws, child endangerment is one.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I think your sis needs to contact your local bar assoc. or local college law dept. & get a consultation on what she should do to protet her child(ren). Maybe instead of calling the poice, she should be contacting children services to begin their own investigation. That does not sound like a good environment for a child to be in. I hope she gets the help she needs to protect her & possibly established supervised visits until he gets his act together! GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• She definately should! What kindof pig does that whilst looking after a child? He doesn't deserve to have a daughter, she should never let her daughter spend time with a man like that, he's obvioustly unstable, and he can't possibly be doing a good job as a parent if he's stoned & drunk out of his mind! Really makes me angry!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Unless there is something in the court order that says he cannot drink or smoke while watching his child she has little to stand on. Proving they were stoned is going to be hard. What she can do is maybe ask for some form of a well check when he has her and maybe the police would smell marijuana or suspect he is on drugs when they do the well check. She also has to document every time she suspects he is doing this, or knows he is drinking in the garage, and than go back to court and ask for either supervised visits or some sort of a clause in the order asking he not be able to do this while she is there.

Answer by gemgem at 8:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would have, just to have it documented. I would have waited right there until the cops came, too.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If they were waiting for a chance to document the drug use, why the hell would she blow the opportunity?! Its probably too late now!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• they cant do nything without proof but she can call cps or contact the curts and have him drug tested thru the visitation people
    flipper4u21

Answer by flipper4u21 at 12:03 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• mmmm do they have proof
    damionsmommy2

Answer by damionsmommy2 at 12:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Proof is key.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 12:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011