How do you know something is God's doing rather than a natural event?

I read a question in this category asking people what they thanked God for today, and most people said things like "bringing me into a new day" or "my health." I wonder what set of criteria they use to judge whether these things are of God's doing and not the natural way of things.

SlightlyPerfect

Asked by SlightlyPerfect at 8:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• The natural way of things are often God's doing.......

Answer by older at 8:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• because that's what they want. "god" is just a reassurance that ppl have and need. yes, everything and i mean everything is because of nature, but a lot of ppl aren't satisfied with that
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wonder what set of criteria they use to judge whether these things are of God's doing and not the natural way of things.

If you view God and nature as intertwined than its really not an issue-
    I see God in nature- others just see nature- its all good-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 8:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• if you are a christian then wouldnt the "natural way" BE God's divine grace????

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 8:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• since i started going to church about 6 mo ago my bff has lost 3 babies (miscariage). & a good friends hubby has been pretty much tortured by the hospital & is giving up on life (he went to the dr. for an In/Out proceedure in January!!!!!!)...

I sometimes wonder if maybe im better off not going to church for a while! (staying inside today so i dont get struck by lightening for saying this!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't believe anything is "God's way of doing things" but rather it is all a result of nature, whether it's tied to genetics or what you eat affecting your healt etc.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I am one who say that I thank G-d for bringing me into a new day. I could easily say thank you world for not having a tree crash through my bedroom while I was sleeping and letting me survive to another day. I just put it into the context of my life, which is living in Judaism. Therefore, G-d is in my world. I don't necessarily think that G-d literally does a lot of things, but rather set things in motion. G-d created a world in which animal and human life has evolved to what it is today.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• James 1:17 says that every good gift and every perfect gift is from above and comes down from the Father of lights...Every day I am given with my family is a gift. My health is a gift. My sight and my hearing are gifts. Because of the state of my health, the fact that I'm not in a wheelchair is a gift. That's the way I see it and I will always give God the glory.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I believe God and nature are intertwined like soyousay suggested, so the "natural way" is God's way. That's just how I see it though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Nature is my God(dess)
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 6, 2011