Want a girl....

Ok I am not wanting to get pregnant yet...only because I just had my son a couple months ago. But for our next I really want to have a girl. The issue is that on my husband's side it is just boys. Is there any tricks or tips to try and conceive a girl? That is without going to a fertility specialist...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• honestly there isnt. unfortunately. what happens happens. I wish i had a more positive answer for you!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 12:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yes, if you do a handstand for 2 hours after having sex it makes it a girl.

no im jk sorry :)
    unfortunately there is no tips or tricks.
    its a 50 50 chance
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my personal theory is - and now this isn't science or anything - my husband works around radio frequency, radar and such, and most of the men have girls - us included while he was around it a lot, but when he went to a different section of his job where he wasn't around it, most of the guys had boys - also I think if your hubby is stressed out, or maybe a little tipsy - in our experience, we and other friends had girls - everything healthy and good to go, give some nice boys. What do you think of that advice?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I heard that men with smaller penises make girls. But I don't know if it's true. I also think I heard that the handstand thing is to make a boy. So maybe just stand up normal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• There is no way to purposely get a girl. Even a fertility specialist won't help you with that one.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• My cousin had 3 boys. She is now expecting a little girl so you just never know. There is really no way to do it. Just what god gives you :)
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 4:09 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I was talking to someone that has two girls she said on her husband's side there hasn't be a girl in 3 to 5 generations so it just goes to show that it doesn't matter, So good luck when you decide to have another one.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 5:38 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• try yourdays.com...it will tell you your best days at ttc a girl...we are working off of that schedule and we to are wanting a girl...its the best site i've found
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 8:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• there is a theory that if you have sex BEFORE you ovulate you will have a girl and if you have sex the day of or after you ovulate you will have a boy. female spermies swim slower and live longer and the boy spermies swim faster and die of faster as well. so you are supposed to have sex 2-4 days before you ovulate. also just an fyi sperm can live in the vagina for up to five days.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 11:46 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Supposedly, if you have sex 3-5 days before you ovulate, you're more likely to have a girl, and if you conceive 1-2 days before ovulation, you're more likely to have a boy. Something to do with girl sperm are hardier and can survive longer in the more acidic environment...or something like that. There's also the Chinese gender chart, you can see what months would be best to conceive a girl based on your age. BUT, we conceived both of ours (a boy and a girl) 2 days before ovulation, and the Chinese gender chart was wrong both times, so...take everything with a grain of salt. I think even the gender selection thing where the doctors go in and get the sperm you want has only like a 60-70% chance of success.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 1:43 PM on Nov. 30, 2008