If i gave you 1 million dollars but you had to spend it on other people, who would you spend it on & why. (people can't live in your home)

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 8:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I would open a non profit where people could come to for various emergencies or needs. Not only could that million help a lot of people, but establishing a non-profit and a reputation with that money would help sustain that sort of program, as I could then accept donations, etc.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 11:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Id spend it on my 21 yr old dd, my aunt, and probably on some people in the community here. For my dd Id get her a house, around here you can buy one for around $100k. Id get her a new car, and maybe put $20k in the bank for her to have as savings. My aunt I would give her some money, she is retired with no savings and is up in age. I would want her to have some "mad money" before she passes away. In our community we have many poor people, so I would probably spend the rest helping anyone who needed help with electric bills, oil, gas money etc.

Answer by gemgem at 8:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• my mother first....then my dad because i want him to be happy....

My mom first because she is 75, lives by herself & works 30 hours a week (even though she is retired, she refuses to stop working) I worry about her living in Boston all by herself....

I really don't know who else i would give it too. Most of the people i know don't really NEED the money. I would rather give it to people who really need it...tough question when you really think about it. At least it is to me...everyone i know is happy & has money...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Buy my mom a house. I would also buy food banks BETTER food. Everytime I see or help out at one they give people expired food. I would also spend money on better resources for low to no income families.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 8:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would pay for my nieces college. Her parents never save a dime and so when she got in she had to give it up. I was SO upset.

After that Im not sure... but I KNOW that would be first.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would spend some on my parents and FIL because they are all at an age were they should be able to retire and can't because of the economy. I might use some to help homeless or troubled kids because it is always something I would like to do. Lastly, I would give some over to neurological research. My DD had a grand mal seizure this summer and almost died. Before her seizure she was a developmentally normal child. They can not tell us why she got sick or why she relapsed again at Thanksgiving. So I would give money for research so other parents don't have to go through what we went through.
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would invest it into a foundation to aid specific people anonymously in my community after difficult situations occur to them.
    MassiveMarbles

Answer by MassiveMarbles at 8:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would buy my oldest son a car and some new clothes, pay off his student loans, and pay for his last year of college.I would not by him a house because I do not think he is ready to "settle" into one area of the US yet. I would buy my mom a small house. I would use the rest for local charities, and buy tons of school supplies for the schools around her to distribute to families in need and to use in the classrooms.
    LadySaphira

Answer by LadySaphira at 8:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I'd pay off my MIL's house, buy my grandmother's apartment for her, buy my mom a house, and pay off my SIL's trailer for her.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:55 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would pay off my mom's house so she could retire. I would also pay off my brother's house so my sis-in-law could stay home with the kids. i would put money iaside for my niece's and nephew to have enough for 4 years of college each. If there was any left over then i would donate the rest to the local charities around here.
    rjsmomma521

Answer by rjsmomma521 at 8:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011