Help...... adult content

So I watch 2 almost 7 month old babies FT during the week. One of the babies (he) is on baby food poops normally and SLEEPS! The other(she) isn't on baby food even rice cereal! I've had ENOUGH of the fussiness due to it being hungry and wanting more than formula! She poops every diaper and its so runny (and has this foul/sweet smell) its so not like my DD's or the baby boy! I know what you guys are thinking CRAP stinks I know that. Just she never lets one get a peace of mind and rarely sleeps! Always is pooping and seems very unhappy! I have a feeling the mother lets to the doctors she is feeding the little one actual food! she is yes healthy but seems so unhappy 24.7 any advice ladies and no bashing PLEASE!

P.S. I LOVE KIDS so do not think "peace of mind" is anything bad! I am yes paid for childcare services, and I've had both since they were 6 weeks! Its just frustrating that her mother will not listen to me and I almost want tto stop providing care for her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am wondering WHY the mom wouldn't want her daughter to be eating baby food at this age.
    Have you spoken to the mother about it?

Also, dose she nurse her baby...and the bottles she gives you are filled with breast milk and that is why the baby girl isn't
    getting full??

I would recommend talking to the mom. Nothing wrong with asking questions if you do it the right way.
    Your just putting the concerns of the child first.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• By the time my DD was 6 months, she was on rice cereal. At 7 months, she was eating fruits....
    Yip, I'm one of those moms that fed her child rice cereal before 6 months. Chloe was like 4 1/2 months...

Saved my sleep deprived life.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• the little one also has her first tooth cut through! the little boy hasn't gotten his yet! its just so ODD at almost 7 months she doesn't want her to eat it and yes I've TRIED everyday to talk to her she says she is "trying". she is sleep deprived because the baby wakes up all hours. and no she is only regular formula never breast fed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• in my opinion it is not healthy for the baby not to be eating food. they are susposed to start eating food when they are at least 4 months old. at least that is what my daughters doctor told me. they need the nutrients from the food not just the formula. i would have a long talk with the mother and explain the dangers of not giving the baby the proper foods. it sounds to me like the mother is neglecting her duties as a mother by withholding the food from her. tell her to at least tell her doctor what she is truly feeding the baby and see what he says. i am sure you love the kids and you only want what is best for them.
    kristigayle32

Answer by kristigayle32 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• What concerns me is that she's having runny stool every diaper. That's more then just her needing to be on purred food. That shows great concern to me, because when a child has loose stool that usually indicates a problem. Even if it is the flu, but usually it's something outside of that. Especially if it's every diaper. I can imagine her being very uncomfortable if she's have those issues. My suggestion is to talk to your doctor child's doctor about this. Just to get an opinion on the matter and see what they have to say. You really need to talk to the other as well, because this could be a very serious matter. Is it possible for you to start feeding the child pureed food while she's in your care and see if the problem takes care of itself?

The baby wakes all hours because she's starving. I really genuinely think you need to ask the mother if you can feed her pureed food. So that you can just see if that helps.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:48 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Honestly, her depriving this child (in my opinion) is child neglect. This child NEEDS to be on Pureed Food if not already started light solids at that age. I really think you need to get this mother to understand that she's depriving her child of what she needs. And that her excuses are only exacerbating the problem and if she'd just feed her child properly most of those issues would go away.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Ask her if you can "try" to give her food. Since she would be in your care for the day.....any "throwups" "poops" or "bellyaches" would be on you and not interrupting her nights.
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• UGH! The baby is only 7 months old. Babies do NOT NEED solids til they are a year old - up until then, ALL of their nutritional needs are met by either formula or breastmilk - any solids are for PRACTICE ONLY, NOT nutritional needs! ANYONE can tell you that! A 7mo having runny diapers from not having solids is NOT due to not having solids - it's due to either being ebf or the formula not agreeing with her tummy - and if she's fussy all the time, etc, it's because what's going in isn't agreeing with her. Do NOT try to force solids on her, but suggest a formula switch if she's formula fed. It's none of your business what the baby gets fed, you're only worry is to feed what mom says. Dear God, a baby does NOT NEED solids to survive! Urgh, where are the mommies that have all the linkies to this stuff?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The baby needs a formula switch (just read your reply that she's a formula baby). It's the formula not agreeing with the baby's tummy. Solids will NOT help the baby sleep, they'll just make her tummy worse and more upset since the formula is already obviously not agreeing with her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would NOT chalk this up to a lack of solids. I WOULD chalk it up to some kind of problem with the formula; is she making it right? If it's being watered, you could see this.

Teething can also make them miserable critters.

If you've talked to her and can't get a change, then I think I would decline to continue sitting for this child. If I thought the child was in physical danger, I'd be on the phone to CPS.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011