has any one else been told this?

i was told my baby is measuring big and im 39 weeks pregnant and i gained 7 pounds in 1 week and i hardly eat my mom tries to get me to eat more.i called after my appointment and asked the nurse how i gained the weight and she told me it could be the baby gained weight or its water weight.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• it could be some baby and some you. If you arent eating much your body may be holding on to everything you eat.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 12:42 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• well i am a nurse too. it migth be water weight... it could be alittle of both.....alot of moms gain alot of water weight if they dont get enough vitamins from there food.... if u dont eat that much that could have caused that... when they did the last U/S did they tell u about how much the baby weighed... It is very unlikely that the baby gained 7lbs in a week, two weeks or even 3 weeks.... hope this helped alittle
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 12:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• They said my baby was big too. predicting he would be 9lbs but he came out 8lbs 1oz and i think that was because of all the fluid and how long I was in labor because 2 days later he dropped to 7lbs 4 oz.
    britni11

Answer by britni11 at 12:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• the last ultra sound was a while ago and she only weighed 3 pounds 11 ounces and when i was 38 weeks at my last appointment my stomach was only measuring out to 37 weeks he said that was fine but where would the water weight be?and im small i mean 5'1 and i started out 124 pounds and didnt gain any thing until i think the begining of my 7th month and then i have stayed at 147
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• IT MIGHT JUST BE WATER WEIGHT!!! I WAS THE SAME WAY!! I WOULD GAIN 1 LB ONE WEEK THEN 10 THE NEXT... MY DOC WOULD GET MAD AT ME THAT I WAS EATING A LOT .... BUT THE NEXT WEEK WHEN I WENT IN AND HAD GAINED ANOTHER 9 LBS. I WAS TOLD I HAD PRE-ECLAMPSIA!!! PRETIEN IN THE PEE!!! WHEN U HAVE THE BABY U WILL PEE OUT ALL THE WATER OUT WITHOUT HAVING TO DRINK ANYTHING!! =)
    jenna0708

Answer by jenna0708 at 12:50 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• he told me to watch my weight because it will start to mess with my blood pressure and i dont know how to watch it.unless i stop eating.i think he thinks that im eating alot and alot of bad things for me just because im 17.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008