Great resources. Have you heard of this author?

Michael Gurian of "The Wonder of Girls:Understanding the Hidden Nature of Our Daughters" and "The Wonder of Boys: What Parents, Mentors and Educators Can Do to Shape Boys into Exceptional Men."

I have daughters (2- teenagers 14 & 18) and they never cease to amaze me so I've really taken to trying to understand them and in the mist of doing that have discovered much about myself and the programming based on my mothers beliefs and her mothers beliefs and so on.
Really complicated but so enlightening.
Great reads if you can get the time.

Have a wonderful day!

Liveyourlifeval

Asked by Liveyourlifeval at 8:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• It's a vicious cycle and if you want the direction to be shifted it has to come from you...me.
    Liveyourlifeval

Comment by Liveyourlifeval (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• no never heard of him but will check it out is it only geared towards teenage girls?
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No. He actually goes through the stages from birth. What's even more interesting is the fact that it's told through his eyes and what they go through in raising daughters and sons. So interesting . The pressure we as women, mothers, wives experience can be greater for them because they suppress so much due to what society tells them how they should be.

Liveyourlifeval

Comment by Liveyourlifeval (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011