rolling over??

My daughter is 4 1/2 months old and she doesnt roll over from back to front. I know shes strong enough to do it, she just chooses not to. is this normal? she gets all the way turned over, but still has her arm tucked under her then she flings herself back onto her back like its a game. i feel like she should be flipping around with ease, and of course now i worry im doing something wrong. She is super strong, she already sits up all by herself, im just worried if she cant get this rolling thing down she'll never crawl. am i worrying too much?

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 12:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah she is fine. my DD is 11 mths and can do stuff but chooses not too. she do it when she is good and ready and not all kids crawl my DS went from the army scoot to walking and my dd now does the army thing and doesnt crawl but she finally trying to cruise along the sofa... and its ok to worry its a normal mom thing =)
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 1:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• yes.. she is probably having fun flipping back to her back. She will pull her arm out and roll over, and might just keeping going. That is very common for them to get stuck with the arm underneath.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 12:45 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my daughter is 4 months and just started rolling over from back to front and does the exact same thing! but she eventually pulls her arm out. so your daughter is just like all the other cute stinkers we have lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 1:37 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• my daughter never rolled over, or crawled, but she said up and then scooted on her butt to where she wanted to go - the doc said "she has to crawl to develop hand eye coordination", but at 13 mths she was walking and has fine hand eye (she's 7 now) - I think they just like to check boxes sometimes :)
    JenRockwell

Answer by JenRockwell at 1:48 AM on Nov. 30, 2008