When did your baby first smile at you - I mean a REAL smile? :)

My 1st girl smiled in her sleep a lot but she was more the "observant" type (like her daddy) and she always gave the SCOWL but my 2nd looked me in the eye and smiled and laughed at 5 weeks!! :) It was a great feeling!! She's been non-stop ever since, too! Every time we make eye contact she just beams! :D

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 9:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son started smiling and laughing at 3 months. Actually both of my boys did it is so adorable!!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 9:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My first dd smiled on her 2nd day of life, NO JOKE!! I'll never forget it, some say i'm lying and it was from gas, or just a reaction, but momma know's best, she was smiling lol =]

2nd dd - ='[ i don't remember. this is sad.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I thought my baby was smiling from day one! In his sleep of course, I think it was just wind :( But from 6 weeks I got proper big smiles :) And it almost makes me cry because it's so adorable! It makes all the late nights and early mornings worth it!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 9:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My oldest (now two) did it around two-three months. Getting him to smile or laugh (even after the initial smile) was extremely hard. He, like your child, was very observent and just looked around with a serious expression. My daughter (now one) did it around two months. She's always smiling and it was definately easier to get her to smile and laugh. My youngest (almost two months) smiled at me for the first time a few weeks ago. Just after he turned a month old. And everytime we make eye contact he gives me the biggest smile. He smiles quite a bit, even more then my daughter. Which is quite a bit.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I believe you!! My mom said I smiled at her while we were still in the hospital too.
    MamaLisa1976

Comment by MamaLisa1976 (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2011