IS CRYSTAL LIGHT GOOD TO DRINK WHEN YOU ARE DIETING?

Sonya G.

Asked by Sonya G. at 9:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• yes i love the stuff
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I can't drink stuff like that. The fake sugar gives me a headache and once....it even made me throw up.
    ItsJustMe1017

Answer by ItsJustMe1017 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes it does help. I drink it all the time. I also feel alot more refreshed than I would drinking a soda.

Answer by gemgem at 9:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't think so. I drink diet soda. I count calories.
    One small package, they're normally like 10 calories per pack. Just unnecessary calories to me.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, water is best.

Crystal Light is full of chemicals and, if I remember correctly, has Splenda in it. Splenda is chlorinated sugar and has no business in the body.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I really dont think it is that good period... what is in it????

One of the BEST things when you are dieting is water with a splash of oj. The water is obvious, but the splash of oj keeps your metabolism up.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 9:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It is a known medical fact that sweeteners pack on the weight! They have more calories then sugar!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Not really. Stick with plain water. I drink the occasional small glass of juice, or a small soda here & there, and no diet drinks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's not the worst thing, but water is really best. A few things to think about:
    -Consuming sweet stuff, even calorie-free sweet stuff, gives you a taste for sweet things. When you cut out sweet beverages and sugary snacks, you can taste sweet more, and it takes less sweet to satisfy the cravings. You also don't crave it nearly as often. This is also one of the big problems with diet soda.
    -The additives and colorings can't be good for the body. Our kidneys and livers weren't build to handle these weird chemicals, and if they're too busy processing those, they can't focus on working optimally to keep you in peak condition.
    That said, if it makes you drink more water, it might be worth the trade off. You can add a squeeze of lemon to water to make it more palatable.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:47 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Not really....it's filled with artificial sweeteners which can actually promote weight GAIN because they can increase your appetite. Several studies done comparing those who drank and used sugar compared to those who used artificial sweeteners showed those using the A.S's gained MORE weight over the course of the year than those who used regular sugar.

Studies have shown that they can cause brain tumors, cancer, hallucinations, seizures skin rashes, panic, diarrhea, headaches, bladder issues, and stomach pain....to name a few.

They are also excitotoxins (along with MSG)...now excitotoxins can be difficult to understand but they cause the neurons in your brain to excessivly fire which then fatigues them and can cause over 92 life threatening diseases such as seizures, parkinsons, lou gehrig's, alzheimers, cancer, to name a few.

Ditch them and instead use Truvia which is Stevia.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:07 PM on Apr. 6, 2011