The truth is stranger than fiction adult content

Are you a CM member that tries to figure out of a post is 'real' or 'fake' or does it just not matter to you?
I've seen a lot of posts that make me wonder if it actually happened, or if someone made it up. But most of the time I just remind myself that the truth is stranger than fiction, so most of the time it doesn't matter if it's true or not since it's probably a example of something that happens to many people. If someone posts a question on beastiality that sounds like it's made up, I remind myself that there's a name for it for a reason, real people run into these sorts of things. I've heard from people who claim to experience a lot of things that are even stranger than what you hear of on here, so who's to judge?

So I would never go and report someone based on the idea that I thought someone was making stories up and try to peg then a troll because of it.

Since even a made up post can be a example of someone's reality, I figure it could be helping someone to hear opinions on the topic.

so, how about you?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• well where are you finding these things b/c that sounds like some real interesting stuff!!! i haven't run across anything like that!!! but no i think i would just read it and maybe comment or move on
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Like you said, regardless of whether or not the OP is actually telling the truth, someone else might be going through that and just too afraid to make their own post about it.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:15 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• There are times when I just shake my head and laugh but even the trolly posts can provoke a good discussion.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 9:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• The only times I bother to figure out if a post is "real" or not is when the poster is trying to get people to give money or items to "help". You would be surprised at how many times people have tried to con the members here into "helping pay for a funeral", "helping pay for cancer treatments", "helping pay for a nice Christmas", etc. Just a little checking usually provides enough information to determine that the poster isn't what "she" says she is.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• 'well where are you finding these things b/c that sounds like some real interesting stuff!!! i haven't run across anything like that!!! but no i think i would just read it and maybe comment or move on "

oh, there's interesting stuff all right! one case was where a woman claimed she had witnessed her teenage daughter having sex with the dog. I saw responses telling the OP 'you have been reported' I figured 'for what? the post was marked adult content'
    Seems to me that often the most interesting posts don't last for one reason or another.

I know that some things can be hard to believe, but then I think of things that have happened in my life and realize just how bizarre the truth can be!
    ItsMe89

Comment by ItsMe89 (original poster) at 9:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Most of the time I don't care. I'm pretty naive, though, and I believe someone when they tell me something in general, unless it's just way out in left field, like someone saying they can fly. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 9:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've only reported a few. The recent one was the daily question from a member you was erased and re-joined daily with the question about taking naked pics with your baby in the bath "She" PM'ed me on here asking me questions about whether or not I did these pics with my son and the questions started getting perverted. So when I saw the questions again under a new name,I reported them ASAP

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011