Please explain because I genuinely dont understand (re: closing posts)

WHY are some so bothered by posts not being closed?

On my screen the most recent posts are at the top.... so if there are VERY old posts I would have to go hunt them down.  Therefore really not an issue.

If Im curious about how the poster responded, or if she even did, I can click on the 'Answer' tab and go to 'My Answers'... so again really not an issue.

I just dont get why people are so upset about it...... OH... is it a point thing????  Are people worked up because they think they could be gaining points..

And that's another thing.... (heck Ill make another post)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Well if someone only got one or two answers they may want more but no one reads their post in that category because there are 30 post to go through before they even get to that one - which they usually don't go that far looking at questions.
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't get why closing posts are such a big deal either. Sometimes the best answers don't come until a couple weeks or more after the question was posted.

The pages only go back to 25, and right now, that's from yesterday afternoon...so it's not as if things are more cluttered because people aren't closing.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• whoa... I didnt even know they went back that far
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• could they bump it up? or repost if it was THAT important to them?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've been known to close a post quickly if I have the answer I want or if it looks like the discussion is getting heated to the point where it may be deleted.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 9:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

__________________________________________________________________

Your posts will stay there until you close them (and they probably still stay there). However, they are not reachable to others through the main page, only through your Q&A profile page.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, you can't bump up a question like you can a post - it stays where it is in the list no matter what. And yes, some people are anal about closing questions because if you're answer is picked best answer, that's more points. I'm not one of those though, I usually close mine without picking b/a.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011