Do you think its stupid to delete your CM account and make another one cuz you dont like your screen name thingy?

Like My name on here is Doulamom25...well I am no longer a doula I miss it but can't do it right now...But ppl ask me about it all the time cuz of my screen name and I am 26 now not 25...I want to have a different screen name..would it be silly to delete my profile to start a new one???

doula-mom25

Asked by doula-mom25 at 9:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Not stupid if that what you want to do. Lots of ladies change their screen name.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes. I never understood people that do that. You're still a doula, you just aren't a practicing doula... Keep your name!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• that is true...I did love doing it and want to do it again one day after the kids get bigger... the unpredictable hours of birth make for an unpredictable work schedule...

doula-mom25

Comment by doula-mom25 (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't think it's silly or stupid. If you want a new screen name...go for it!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 9:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Not silly...
    Im wanting to change mine too.. Just have to come up with a new name & I might one day. but its annoying cuz of email (CM will say u already have an account & I dont think deleting current account is automatic?)

Id also like a "fresh" account for some reason.. I know stupid! But Ive had this account for a while & I cant imagine what some people would find if they snooped around all my Q&A over the past year.. I know of a few things Ive answered a bit to harshly while PMSing LOL.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's not stupid if you want to have a different screen name.

Wish they had an easier way of changing your screen name on here.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's a better reason than changing it because you've burned so many bridges with the one you have or so you can "forget" to delete the old one and support yourself in conversations because nobody else will.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was on here for 2 years, then changed mine, and I don't think it's dumb at all. A hassle, maybe, but not dumb. lol It was a pain and people treated me differently for a while and those who didn't know me treated me like a newbie lol, but after a while everything went back to normal :)
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 10:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Can you just change your screen name without starting over from level 1?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2011