Have any of yall done this test?

I have been worried about having the seperation in the ab muscles that u hear about all the time. I have a 8 month old and seems like it is taking 4 ever for this belly to go away. ANYWAYS the question is have yall done the test where u lay on your back and feel how many fingers u can put between the ab muscles and that will tell u if u have a seperation in the ab muscles. I thought I had it but I dont . It said if u fit one to two fingers that is normal. Anything more is a seperation. Yall might not care but I thought it was interesting.

bubbaelea22

Asked by bubbaelea22 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 10, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• In order to regain abdominal muscle tone, exercise is required. But before choosing which abdominal exercises you will do, it is necessary to check your abdominal muscles to see whether or not they have come back together.

If the muscles are still separated, some of the exercises that you used to do, or those that other people may be doing, could actually cause the gap to remain or to widen. Exercises such as sit-ups, crunches and some variations of both should not be done while the muscles are separated.

Instead, look for exercises that work the transverse muscles. The transverse muscles are deeper within the body, on the right and left sides of the abdomen. By exercising and strengthening the transverse muscles, you will cause them to draw the rectus abdominis (muscles on the front of the abdomen, or "six-pack") closer together.
    PlasticSurgeon

Answer by PlasticSurgeon at 1:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2008