Does anyone else notice, when you don't agree with some people, they try to call you closeminded, or ignorant?

It's always when you have a valid, researched point too! lol

Oh yeah, and they also use that lame word assume...

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• ignorant as point it out

I was wondering that too.  Maybe I'm the ignorant one because I don't understand what anon is trying to say, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Sure, there are some people here that do that. Unreasonable people walk (and type) among us.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes, but I figure they are just describing themselves and move on. Honestly, sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Honestly I don't think anyone on here has ever called me either of those things, and I've been in more than my share of disagreements. However I have been told there should be a limit to an open mind and that I need to do less research and just believe what I'm told... So I guess for me it's the opposite because I refuse to be limited by lack of knowledge and constantly research everything... And the things I don't know LOTS about, I don't comment on.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• LOL!  I agree.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• and rude and disrespectful!
    Ganell87

Answer by Ganell87 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was only called ignorant once on ehre- I had asked a question about Mormons, and if they sort of stick to their own fro freindship. I was living in Utah at the time and was having a hard time making any friends there despite the fact I worked at WalMart-which has lots of employees....anyhow, someone called me ignorant for asking the question

other than that- I tend to see people on here usually only say things like that when the person they are saying it about, doesn't seem to understan or want to understand another point of view. For people who seem stuck in thier way of thinking to a point where it is useless to try to have a conversation with them
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Just an observation, nothing to really "move on" from...LOL
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• uh anon? not quite sure what you are getting at?
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011