Mirena?

I am on the Mirena and I haven't had my period since I've gotten it put in. I got it put it on the 20th of October. I can feel 1 string but it feels like its near a hole in my vagina. I went to go pee earlier and I noticed blood clots is this normal?

heartnhidin

Asked by heartnhidin at 1:07 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Health

• I don't exactly know what normal is, but what you are describing is the same as what I have had. I have had mine since the end of April. Since then, I have just had random spotting and periods.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 1:14 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I don't think either of those are "normal".
    JenRockwell

Answer by JenRockwell at 1:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• the funny thing with mirena, almost anything with it, is normal... i have had mine since august, and i spot randomly, and i was told by my nurse who also has it, that she spotted for almost a year. and her period well, it just never happened. She has had hers now for over a year. I had my strings cut real short... your doctor can trim them for you... just ask. As for the clotting, once or twice could be normal, but call and ask your doctor. your still under 3 months, so almost anything can happen hon, i just wear the thinnest pantiliner possible, cause i just never know when I'll spot... and as for sex, when my bf bottoms out, i'll bleed a bit, but to me its normal. Call your doctor and see what he/she says.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:55 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It is normal to go awhile w/o your period. I got mine put in at 6weeks pp and I was on my period when it was put in. My period ended the next day and I have only had 2 since and my last one only lasted a day and couldnt really be called a period since I only had to use a liner. There was barely anything! I love it! I can't feel my strings but my doc also said she did cut the stings a little short so I dont worry about it. But Idk about the clots. I would probably call and double check on that.
    baby_girl32986

Answer by baby_girl32986 at 3:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Mirena sucks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have had mine since August 2005 and I have to say that I really love it, all of that sounds normal for Mirena really. I haven't had a real period since about December 2005. Other than that it has just been seriously a spot here and there over the past three years. But clotting and stuff usually the first 6 months and wierd cycles are NORMAL!!! if that makes sense. I love this thing, I forgot I even am still getting my period.....it's that good! ha!
    dani_schu

Answer by dani_schu at 10:28 AM on Nov. 30, 2008