Am I obligated to dress up at work if I work from home ALONE!

Am I obligated to get up early, do the make up thing and the whole heels and skirt blah blah if I am going to go downstairs to my office and sit infront of my computer as my job needs me to for the remaining 13 hours of my workday? Granted that I do dress up should I have a meeting in or out of the office : )

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 9:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• U- R -A -QT!
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:16 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Obligated?  No, I don't think so.  I think you should do whatever makes you feel good.  If getting dressed up and doing the hair and make up thing makes you feel good, then go for it.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, in fact when I work from home I'm in jeans and a t-shirt most days. Why dress up when you don't have to?
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• i don't see why you should bother? i'm sure most people can do a job just as well in their pj's as they can in a business suit.
    if you do video conferencing from home, i'd at least dress up the top half of me. if you have one of those home businesses where people come by to see you (home office?) then yes, maybe that'd be a bit more professional. but if not. then i don't see why you should waste a perfectly good outfit (and time) on a day where you'd just stay home. that's just me.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• And FYI,

Some women don't wear make up even if they do go out. I don't.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• if this is you without make-up then you are one lucky girl!! i would keep it comfy if i was you
    amberpaiz

Answer by amberpaiz at 9:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You look great! I think it depends on your job but if no one is going to see you then it shouldnt be required to get all dressed up.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:57 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If no one is going to see you I dont think you need to be in heels and a dress but I do think you sould get dressed and put on makeup. It makes me feel more awake and thenif you had a quick mtg you could be ready on short notice.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You look comfy but not "messy" so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• DH telecommuted for a long time. He dressed very casually. A lot of the time, he started out his work day in PJs. He'd take a break and get breakfast and get dressed. The cat likes to sit on his lap while he was at the computer. He'd dress for that.

IMHO, so long as you're presentable if you get a delivery and have to open your door and sign, you're appropriately dressed for the work you are doing.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011