OK let me RE WORD this...Is it acceptable for your place of work to USE your address to send you religious pamphlets?

I've looked into it, checked my facts and I'm 99% sure it's them.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Money & Work

• And OF COURSE it's unacceptable. Who'd be silly enough to think otherwise?

Answer by gdiamante at 11:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Could it be another employee from work that has gotten ahold of the addresses? It's not acceptable for a job (unless it's a religious job) to send things about religion to your home address. How do you know it was them?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Your work is sending you religious pamplets? Does your work have anything to do with religion? How often are you getting them. If it is only a few a year I would throw them away and not risk my job over a few pamplets.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I dont know if it is acceptable but if its a pamphlet just toss it out if you dont agree with it. It could be a coworker or someone else entirely that is sending them to you and wants you to believe it is directly from your work.

Answer by gemgem at 9:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's probably not the right thing to do for a business however if you don't want the literature just throw it away.
    MommaKath1975

Answer by MommaKath1975 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Even though you are 99% sure, you can't prove it. A few months ago I had a web design client who was horrible to deal with and then tried to get a backhanded refund after she had her site designed and uploaded on her server (she filed a complaint with her CC company). It took a lot of fighting, but finally I did get paid. Within a week I started getting hundreds of spam from all kinds of companies. I know it was her, but I can't prove it. Same for you. At least with yours you have some sort of paper to send back to the sender. Maybe you should bring a few to work and scatter them in all the trash cans. That way you can send the message to whichever person is sending you the materials. Also, I would call the church and ask to be removed from their mailing list, they might think you want their literature.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:56 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• pookiekins, go away...you've already answered...stop following me around.

rolling on floorSorry, but that cracked me up.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I don't really mind getting religious mail but that seems wrong to me. 

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Just throw them away.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Or just flat out ASK them if that's what happened so the air can be clear. You can't lose a job because you asked about some mailings.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 9:53 AM on Apr. 6, 2011