Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctors office

Dear moms,

I tried time and again but getting an appointment at a doctors is almost impossible.Now my problem is that I requested my babys primary care physicians office to fax required paper work for my son to be seen by a specialist ,I asked for this three weeks ago.After my repeated calls they said it was faxed .when called the specialist office after a week,(they ask us to call after a week,for appointments)they said they have not recieved any paper work from my sons doctor.I am very upset.Is there something that I can do or any other suggestions

Answer Question

Asked by moosimamma at 10:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 3 (26 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Ask for a copy of it from your doctor and take it to the specialist yourself. Good luck.

    Answer by scout_mom at 10:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • i would drive down there and get the paperwork and then personally hand deliver it to them your daughters records are for you to have and it would be a bad idea to make a copy of them

    Answer by amberpaiz at 10:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • I tried the fax thing from one doctor to another and it never happened. So what I did was I went to the doctors office and told them that I am here for my sons paperwork,it was supposed to have been faxed weeks ago! I would sound really mad too!!! Then after I got the paperwork I would say thanks for nothing!!! I think they tell parents that they will fax the required paperwork,prescription request etc,,to get us to shut up and go away!!! Oh yeah,one more thing,they will not apologize for their screw up either!

    Answer by dancer at 10:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • See about speaking with the office manager. Ask when and what number they faxed it too. (I once got a fax from a hospital on my home fax.)

    Have you thought about changing your PCP?


    Answer by JSD24 at 10:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • You can go to the office and get the information the specialist needs. You can file a complaint with your insurance company and with the state medical board or if it is a clinic that is associated with a hospital, you file a complaint with the clinic administrator or hospital administrator.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.