Babyshower Confusion And It's Not Even Here Yet ...

So my baby godmother is suppose to be throwing a babyshower and i feel like im the only one thats trying to make a effort like reserve a place on time because others get to it. But i feel like she's not making a effort at all like try to reserve this place before it's too late and get stuff ahead of time. I feel like im being a bother to her because im trying to have a sussessful babyshower but i feel like i don't wanna have a baby shower no more so what else can i do because i've already started my registry but i wanna know since im not having a baby shower no more how do i get my gifts sent to me ?

theeHALL_mom

Asked by theeHALL_mom at 10:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• all you can do is register and see if she has a baby shower. If somone else offers to have a shower then you can call god mother and ask if she is still planning on having one. If she doesnt have you a shower then you can have a meet the baby party after the baby is born.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• your true friends will help you out with gifts any way. I personally hate buying things off a registery! I wouldn't worry about a baby shower too much. If you don't get one....you yourself could throw a "meet and greet" for the new one..
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 10:08 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• OMG!!!! As far as I know unless u have a shower u probably won't get any gifts for baby until he/she is born. U know gifts r not required when baby is born. People do it to be kind. Y can't u just have a babyshower in someones home? Maybe she is not making an effort because she probably wants u to think that u r not having one then surprise!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Why don't you go to lunch with this godmother and tell her that you are really excited about your baby shower but you are concerned about some of the things that need to be done. Explain to her how much you appreciate that she is willing to do this for you, but you are concerned about how much time she has and you don't want her to feel burdened. Then ask if the two of you can make a checklist and divide up the responsibilities to help her out. Tell her that you will address the invitations for her, or make calls for reservations...and have you considered if it might be a financial issue for this person? Could that be the reason? So, try to come up with a plan together over a nice casual lunch that you pay for and see if that gets things back on track with her.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 10:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I would find another family member or close friend to ask about throwing you a shower. Just tell them the godmother isn't getting anything done and you would really like to have a shower before the baby is born. I'm sure there is someone else that would love to throw one for you. If you don't have one, don't expect to get much off your registry. Most the people who come to your shower probably wouldn't have gotten you anything if you didn't have one.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• first of all why are you doing things for your shower? your only job should be registering for gifts and showing up nothing else. all that stuff is up to the person having it for you, good luck and dont worry im sure ur shower will be great!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 6, 2011