Do you think it's possible that a child gets in a fatal accident and is in critical condition but the news chooses not to report it? It's nowhere in the paper or anything. Has anyone experienced this?

Usually they will report things like this but there is a woman on CM in the journal popular posts caliming her twin went through this. I feel bad for her if this is true but I've never heard of them NOT choosing to put this in the news or anything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yea it does seem odd she has all this time to post this long story when her baby is in the hospital in critical condition. What mom would be sitting on the internet writing multiple stories if her baby in in the hospital and could possibly die?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• The person you are talking about is making it up....she's been all over the place posting this story. It's sad that people have to do this for attention....really.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It happens every day, in any city, state or country. I am an ER nurse, and believe me I have seen my share. Believe it or not a lot of the childrens accidents are from parents not installing car seats properly. So everyone lets make sure our kids are snug and secure in those car seats.
    Reggie2

Answer by Reggie2 at 8:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• She has a post in the newcomers group that sounds a little off to me. IDK. Making post after post is the last place I would be if my baby that near death.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It wouldn't be *usual*...but it can happen that there's no coverage if the accident happened in a place that was inaccessible. And actually, hospitals are not allowed to release information on patient conditions without the permission of the patient or a guardian.

As to obituaries...those have become profit centers. Only "important" people get them without paying for them these days.

Not all papers publish a police blotter.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:33 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• hmm i was actually wondering the same thing we had a girl here in town who claimed her DD was killed in an accident but no news coverage no obituary nothing but she doesnt have the baby...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I have been surprised sometimes, when I have heard or even witnessed something horrible and eagerly await details in the newspaper or on the news and NOTHING!. True what previous answer says, try searching locally.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:39 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• check the police blotter. It should on there. The paper does not have to report or write a full story on traffic accidents. But if a police officer responded it should be in the blotter.
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 1:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008