How can I catch him?

I am 98% sure my hubby is leavin in the middle of the night. Last night when I went to bed our truck was facing the driveway, which I do to make it easy when I leave to take our oldest DD to my moms to catch the bus. This morning it was facing the opposite direction & there was more gas in it then when I was previously in it. That's my evidence he is leaving, but he said he drove out to our shop last night and did some work (shop is on the other side of the house & he does do that) he said he noticed the gas was low so he put what he had in a gas can into it. But it makes no sense. I'm a real heavy sleeper & the only thing that wakes me is my kids or alarm clock. I have thought about the alarm clock & setting it for like 2:30 am but if he is here he will notice & he knows I do NOT set the clock wrong. But I need some sort of idea on how to catch him & how to find out where he is going if he is leaving. I'd follow him but MY van is broke down & has been for months cuz I can't get him to fix it. How can I find out for sure? He is smart enough to delete his phone & it's prepaid & I can't get his messages online so that won't work. HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Check the mileage on the truck. I'd set an alarm or something, if he is leaving something isn't right.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It sounds as though checking the mileage would give you the information you are looking for?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Does he get on the computer, e-mail, FB ect....? You can get a program to track that. I would probably stay up if you could let him think you are asleep than get up after that. My ex Hubby was a cheater but to find out you have to catch him or he admits it to you,, I did follow my x but I hated that so once I felt I had to follow him around like a crazy person I filed for divorce! Talk to him maybe he will open up and be honest with you, yall might need to go talk to a counsler. Hope this helps a little!

jenn2bowman

Answer by jenn2bowman at 10:18 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Everytime I decide to check the milage I forget lol. Terrible I know. I thought about nails in the driveway but if he leaves that will pop the tires & I'm effed on getting my daughter to my mom. This just really really sucks, he figures out how to out smart me everytime. I don't want to look like a complete idiot if I prove he is but I don't wanna look like one if I'm wrong. But my gut says I am right. And I have no options but to sit back and shut up if I'm right, cuz I have no where to go & my mom ain't gonna let me go back there cuz it was too hard on them last time. It's a bad situation all around.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I wonder if you put something in the driveway behind the tires that would not damage them but maybe stick to the tires to prove he left. what about a paintball or something that would just pop when he drove over it and there would be a paint splatter in the driveway as evidence.

What do you think he is doing at night when he sneaks away? Do you think he is cheating?
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Idk what he is doing. Things just don't feel right. We have sex on a normal basis, well more or less i end up sucking him off then taking care of myself when he is in the shop or something. So I don't know why he would feel he needs to cheat. His favorite thing is a BJ so that doesn't seem like he would want to run off. But I think he is either having a physical affair or emotional IDK which. Or going off and doing some form of drugs maybe. (which in high school we both did & quit right before I got preggo with DD) But since we have quit he has changed into a douche. And he still is one, so that doesn't seem possible. I just don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Whats done in the dark always come to the light. If he is doing something he shouldnt be doing, it will eventually come out. To be on the safe side I think you should get tested. If anything shows up you know that he is stepping outside of the marraige. Ask him if he is having an affair, be honest with him. Follow your intuition, if him moving the van was a one time thing then maybe he is being truthful. If it keeps happening then you should check your finances look for anything out of the ordinary on your bank statements, or maybe hire a private detective. This should be your last resort, prepare yourself emotionally usually when we go looking for dirt we find it, and its usually hurtful. Hopefully, he isnt having an affair or taking drugs. I wish you the best hun.
    KaydeAnn

Answer by KaydeAnn at 11:02 PM on Apr. 6, 2011