Runny Diaper

So I was reading in another question that babies who have runny bowel movements could be a sign of a problem, and made me worry! Well our DD who's 3 months does have runny (not gooey and sticky like they used to be) bowel movements 2x/day, and at least 7 wet diapers. She only gets 5 oz of formula/day and the rest is breast milk. She is the happiest baby I know, she doesn't even know how to cry lol She sleeps all night peacefully, and according to her pedi is right on track as far as height/weight, milestones, etc. She does not fuss when she gets the 5 oz of formula, just makes a funny face in the beginning of the feeding, I assume b/c its a different less preferable taste. Should I be concerned or talk to the pedi about it? Thanks!

yesmaam

Asked by yesmaam at 10:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope, babies who are breastfed typically have runnier poops than formula fed babies. If she's happy, content, is growing, etc, she's fine. And it sounds like you've got a good healthy baby. No need to be concerned unless she's not gaining weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, she's fine. Poops are runny until they start solids.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011