Husband Watching Porn!?! adult content

What am I to do about this? I found out my husband was watching porn on the computer when I wasn't home...I noticed evidence on the computer today. I am really upset about this. I can't understand why he would turn to porn rather than me...or why men do this at all! I can't help but feel like he isn't attracted to me anymore, and that's why he must be doing this. I'm rally hurt and feel betrayed. I take our marriage vows very seriously...this reminds me of some slease ball! HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Porn isn't bad...I watch it with my husband. I don't find it gross or sleazy.
    I can say the way you are talking, I highly doubt he's getting what he needs at home. Spice up your relationship.
    Why does it bother you? Marriage vows? I don't remember saying "I vow not to watch porn".

Atleast he's not out there cheating on you. And remember, if you don't give him what he wants, someone else will.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:32 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It has nothing to do with how he feels about you. Porn is a completely normal thing most people (men and some women) look at. I dont have any issue with my husband watching it as long as he is not ignoring me in the bedroom.

Answer by gemgem at 10:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Wow, does he ignore you? Are you being replaced by porn? If not, then just talk to him. Porn is an issue when it becomes a habit. I, too, take my vows seriously, been married almost 20 years. Porn is not an issue with us. I could care less if he looks at it from time to time, and vice versa. Sometimes people need a physical release without having to worry about a partner, and porn can give the visual aid to get it over with quick. It doesn't always mean that he's not attracted to you or there is anything wrong with your sex life. Don't choose to feel insecure because of this, that will ruin a marriage more than porn will. Best of luck
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• If he is ignoring you then I can see that it would be a problem but if not then it shouldn't be a problem. At least he is not going out and getting it from somewhere else.
    Just talk to him about and maybe you guys can come to an agreement that the both of you would be comfortable with.
    jnb71584

Answer by jnb71584 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Men view sex very differently. Why didn't he go to you? He could have felt the "need" for release but didn't want intimacy or to have to worry about your needs. Maybe he just didn't feel attractive (yeah, they go through that too). Selfish? maybe.

I know when I'm not feeling well (sick, hurt, gross) I still get the urge and instead of going to my partner and trying to act all sexy I throw on some videos and take care of myself.

Don't be offended. More likely than not the porn was just to get it over and done with.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 10:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• These people that act like watching porn is ok are dillusional. Apparently they have never read all the studies that show men who watch porn are more likely to cheat. It becomes an addiction for them. They start out watching a little porn, then more & more, and before long it isn't enough anymore and they start looking for someone to fullfill their twisted porn fantasies with. No, it is not ok, it is not natural. It is wrong pure and simple. Why would anyone be ok with taking that chance just so their husband can watch other people getting it on?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• "These people that act like watching porn is ok are dillusional. Apparently they have never read all the studies that show men who watch porn are more likely to cheat. It becomes an addiction for them. They start out watching a little porn, then more & more, and before long it isn't enough anymore and they start looking for someone to fullfill their twisted porn fantasies with. No, it is not ok, it is not natural. It is wrong pure and simple. Why would anyone be ok with taking that chance just so their husband can watch other people getting it on?"

And the shorter the leash is on him, the more it drives him away.
    And I'd rather him watch people have sex than do it himself. How much ya wanna bet she's been divorced because her ex watched to much porn?
    Or, I'd even bet that your hubby/so/ whatever watches it without you knowing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Are you kidding me??? It's not like he's going out and banging some broad from the gas station. You need to lighten up. ALL MEN WATCH PORN, whether they tell the truth about it or not.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• OMG, Not disillusional at all dear! Very realistic. People who cheat, will cheat regardless of porn. EVERYTHING is addictive, doesn't mean that everyone who does it will get addicted. A person who has a beer on occasion is far from an alcoholic. People who might gamble once in a blue moon arent' gambling addicts either. And a little info on studies...they are always jaded...there is NO scientific basis to those claims. The people who perform those studies are payed to prove a specific point. If someone has a problem with Porm, that's fine, each to their own. But to make assumptions about others is laying it on WAY to thick.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:44 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I watch porn all the time without my husband home!! OMG i must be a SEX addict lol. Who gives a flip if he watches porn.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 10:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2011