What's the best way to cook asparagus?

KateShesGreat3

Asked by KateShesGreat3 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• This is one of my favorite ways to eat them, also if you go to Kraftfoods.com and put asparagus in the search bar it'll bring up tons more ways to eat asparagus

http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/bacon-caramelized-onion-asparagus-112863.aspx

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I prepare it several ways. Raw in salads. Grilled with a little olive oil and garlic. Steamed and served with butter and lemon. Roasted with a little olive oil and herbs complimenting the main dish.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Steam it....
    put a little butter and parm cheese on it. Yummy!
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 10:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I grill it on my grill pan.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My favorite is to grill it. Brush with a bit of olive oil, sprinkle w/salt & pepper and then grill to desired doneness.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• We steam ours. We get some tin foil and roll it up and put it in a pan with water and lemon juice, lay the tips of the asparagus on the tin foil. Cover and simmer. Only about 10 min or so. REALLY good like that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I boil it for 5-6 minutes then blanche it with ice cold water so it's cooked but still crisp. The just add salt and pepper.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 10:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh My Goodness...I love sauteed asparagus. Just drop a pat of butter (bacon fat works too..yum..) in a frying pan, salt, pepper and garlic to taste, maybe throw in some mushrooms, some onions, zuccini.... sautee until it's soft all the way through. great as a side with potatoes to Steak. Yum. I think my brother uses a squeeze of lemon juice on his.

It's good steamed, but I love it fried.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:37 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Usually I boil it. But if I'm grilling I sprinkle olive oil on it and throw it on the grill - yummy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I mostly steam it, then serve with Parmesan. If you are grilling, precook slices of bacon, remove before getting crispy, wrap (spiral) around each stalk of asparagus, and grill for a few minutes. You can even coat the bacon with a little brown sugar before wrapping. Delish...
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 10:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2011