is son just jealous of his little brother how can i deal with this ???

my oldest son is 2 and his little brother is almost 6 months lately my 2 year old has been whining throwing things trying to hit his brother with almost everything he can think of its driving me nuts do you think he's just going threw a jealous stage. any suggestions. it seems he's been living in the naughty chair for a week and still doesn't get it. i do spank when he hurts his baby brother but thats it. i'm tired of him spending most of his time in timeout. how did you guys make through TERRIBLE 2's

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 1:32 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I'm am going through the same thing my son is 3 and my daughter is 1. He likes to take stuff away from her and hit her. So he's always in the corner. I think you should let him help with his brother. My son helps me get the diaper or wipes and helps pick out her outfit. Give him lots of prase when he does something good like you are being very good with you brother or what a big boy. Hope I helped good luck.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 5:18 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• It sounds like it. This is a very tough adjustment for all involved. My granddaughters just went thru this stage. You have to have lots of patience and make sure you keep him as involved with the baby stuff as you can. He needs to feel like he is an active participant in taking care of his baby brother. Talk to him, tell him stories about what it will be like when his brother is older. Just have patience and remain calm. Don't make him feel bad.. he doesn't really no any better.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2008