Do you ask questions anonymously?

If so, why?

wishbearmom

Asked by wishbearmom at 10:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Yes and I answer anonymously too.

I belong to 4 wonderful groups with wonderful ladies... but I find that there are so VERY rude people that visit the Answer section. Originally I didnt do all Anon answers/questions but often when you give real help or point something out you get attacked... even bothered with PMs. I got fed up with the childish women and started going Anon on everything in this section.

There ARE some wonderful women here... and it is funny that I see their names over and over on some of the posts I answer.... and we are often echoing each others comments/opinions. But there are still too many young rude girls... so I will continue to stay anon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• A couple of times....ones that were too embarrassing for my liking, but that I wanted answers to. My mother uses this site, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:00 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes, there is a woman on here that knows my husband and anytime I make a post she copies it and sends it to my husband so most of my questions are know anonymous
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Some...Like the others, I have family that also use this site. My business is my own.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Almost did by accident. Was clicking the section to put the question in and somehow anonymous box was checked. Caught and fixed it.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes i do. because sometimes i ask very personal questions. or i'm seeking advice on a situation that requires a lot of detail that could quite possibly be discovered by someone who knows me and knows who or what i'm talking about.

the ones that are just for fun (which are my favorite) i don't see why i should. but for the personal and serious ones i do. i'm naturally reticent in person anyway. so i normally wouldn't talk about a lot these things "in real life". it's difficult for me.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• also, it's almost therapeutic for me. since i have a hard time coming up with words to express how i feel. it's easier to type them out. and when i see what possible reactions i get i know what to generally expect when i relay my thoughts to the person, or even my dh, that i was asking about in the first place. it's weird. i know.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 11:10 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No. I really don't understand those who do. There is the ocassional one that migth be due to them not wanting family or friends to know about sensitive material. But, like right now, there is one about a free week on Ancestry.com for looking up your civil war family members. It's posted anonymously because...? I find that most of the anon ?s are all about looking for drama. There are the few that really do have legit ?s that I answer. But, the drama ones, I pretty much avoid those.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• *now not know
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:02 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• No, I don't. I wish CM would get rid of the option to post anonymously.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:03 AM on Apr. 6, 2011