FREE ACCESS TO CIVIL WAR RECORDS FOR THOSE INTO GENEALOGY

I got this from Ancestry.com and thought I would share it !

Free access week is coming April 7-14th. Don't miss out on this chance to search millions of Civil War era records, including the 1860 and 1870 U.S. censuses, free for one week.

Save the date — and you just might find your own Civil War story.

You might just find your own family with the census records....I have. 

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Just for Fun

• this is neat. My cousin just did a free trial with Ancestry and found records from when my grandfather was in the war. We saw a passenger list for a flight with his name and rank. She also found my uncle's birth announcement, and an article about my other uncle. He has a learning disability and I always knew it was because he got hurt when he was a kid but didn't know how. My mom found the article saying he was in an accident when he was 2 and was in critical condition at the hospital. I never knew that!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• cool thanks!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Thanks for the post! I'll definitely check, although I don't know that much of my family was in this country then.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:06 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Oh, TY!! I will be checking that out for sure!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I've found my family on the 1860 and 1870 census records from the state they were born/lived in.

I didnt know much about my family either but found my great grandfather had had 3 other brothers and his parents name, so that was pretty cool to find!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• You are welcome!

Ever since that show Who do you think you are came out Ive been interested. I have family whom fought in the civil war and a few died, but sadly there were more than one man with the same name as my 3rd-4th great grandfather so he will be hard to trace but Im gonna try to find him tomorrow for sure!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:11 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• WOW nmmomma09...I bet that was something to find. Sorry to hear about his disability but to find out how he got hurt and to understand. At least you now know how............

When you find proof of something.........the years of ASSUMING something about family goes out the window and the proof is in your hands, or for your eyes to see.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Apr. 6, 2011