lost pills..pregnant?

I'm wondering if I'm pregnant..early last month I lost my bc pills and got my period the next day..this month I haven't had my period yet, but I'm not sure if that's due to losing the pills mid pack or if I'm pregnant. I've been having some period like cramps (somtimes stronger on the left side) for about 2 weeks now..I'm dizzy, and I've been extremely emotional, but these are my only symptoms. Also, about 2 weeks ago my nipples felt really sore and sensitive and lasted about a week and then went away..now they feel fine..any ideas whether I'm pregnant or if my body is ajusting to being off the pill?? Thanx so much!!!

jmartin_242

Asked by jmartin_242 at 2:21 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Going off of birth control can give you pregnancy-like symptoms. I was on BC for a couple of years, then when I went off of it, I was taking PTs for several months bc I wasn't getting a period and I felt preg. The actual case was that my body had turned dependent on the BC and was trying to re-cooperate and figure out a cycle. but be cautious just in case you are preg. It is still possible.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:27 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• every one is going to tell you to take a test thats the only way to know or have you done that?
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 2:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• You are not pregnant. The pill still works even if you lose it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• I did take a test and it came out neg..I'm not sure if I took it too early though..I'm thinking if I don't get my period in a week I'm going to take another one but I just can't get this out of my mind! lol
    jmartin_242

Answer by jmartin_242 at 2:29 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• get a blood test god.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:41 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• the pill doesn't work if you haven't been taking it because you lost the pack. I don't get that answer up above.

It's entirely possible that this is merely PMS...but you've got a 50-50 chance. Blood test.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• ok no one needs to get an attitude she jus asked a question.also no the pill doesnt still work even if you miss one day of the pill you can still get pregnant and also alot of girls get pregnant while on the pill.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 2:49 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Thank u! And congrats to everyone!
    jmartin_242

Answer by jmartin_242 at 2:52 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• After you lost them, did you start a new pack? It's highly possible that your cycle is just messed up b/c you were taking hormones, then stopped, etc. I would say you're probably not pregnant but it's always possible. I would wait a little while then test again or get a blood test if you are really worried.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:56 AM on Nov. 30, 2008