Milk?

Does it really do the body good?

Havin fun.

pookiekins34

Asked by pookiekins34 at 11:13 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Food & Drink

• our family likes milk!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 11:17 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It sure does. Calcium, vitamin's A, D, K good fat's. Lots of reasons it's good for your body.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Eh, I love milk, don't get me wrong, but since dropping most of it out of our diets last fall, we've had one of our healthiest winters yet. The kids still drink it daily in school, and a little in their cereal at home, but I've had no cows milk in months and I can't remember the last time I was this healthy through winter. I've been drinking almond & a little coconut milk and life is good.
    Anonymous

• yes it is. humans are designed to consume animal fat for our bodies to function. whole milk is loaded with good fats our bodies need. especially children. children need those good fats in WHOLE milk for healthy brain development. the government isn't pushing anyone to drink milk. in fact last time i checked they said it was harmful, which it is not.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• FYI, it isn't only the government pushing milk consumption. The biggest pushers, the "got milk" comercial producers, are the Dairy farmers of America. Just thought you'd like to know that fun fact.

As for milk, I think that there can be too much of a good thing, and milk is included in that. Sometimes milk can do the body good, but I have lactose intolerance in my past (while pregnant) and in those cases, no. Milk is EVIL! ha ha...
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree with renee. I dislike milk and the ways which it is procured. Disgusting, inhumane treatment of animals.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• According to Vivian Goldschmidt, founder of Save Our Bones, there are a variety of myths surrounding milk consumption. One of the first myths, she says, is that drinking milk creates healthy bones because of the calcium found in the milk. However, the animal protein found in milk actually depletes the human body of calcium, exactly the opposite of what milk drinkers expect it to do.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/031255_milk_health.html#ixzz1IkzhTO3R
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 11:24 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• So many hormones and additives cancel out the health benefits. My oldest daughter is lactose intolerant - so in her case it wreaks havoc on her body. It's not for everyone!
    wishbearmom

Answer by wishbearmom at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Its better than drinking soda.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• It's got good and bad nutritional qualities. All things in moderation.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2011