Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WYR have a wood burning fp/stove or a gas fireplace?


Asked by wishbearmom at 11:21 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in

Level 16 (2,882 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (12)
  • I would have said woodburning prior to my current home. It came with a gas fireplace in the living room. It's so convenient, is beautiful and makes almost no mess. I also feel like it's a little safer since nothing pops, no sparks shoot out and not as much soot builds up in the chimney. We use it all the time and I love it - I don't think I'd ever go back if given the choice.

    Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • We have a woodburning stove - helps cut electricity costs in the winter.

    Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:23 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • I'd have to say a fireplace.  In our last house, there was an ancient wood burning stove right in the middle of the dining room!  It was so ugly and we never used it because it would never have been enough to heat up just the first floor.  the house was huge and this thing was in a room set away from the living room area.  The next house has a fireplace which we love.


    Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • Wood burning stove FTW. We have one and its AWESOME.

    Answer by ColieO at 11:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • I would rather have a gas fireplace. It's warm and inviting without the smoke and mess. I have had a wood fireplace, and they are a PIA because they need to be cleaned out and the flu has to be cleaned too. It's also messy on the hearth, and carpet..

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • wood

    Answer by letstalk747 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • gas fireplace--less mess but still the cozy feeling.

    Answer by CometGirl at 5:21 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • wood burning stove or fireplace.

    Answer by samurai_chica at 11:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

  • Gas. A lot less mess.

    Answer by downsznmomof4 at 7:19 AM on Apr. 8, 2011

  • We have a woodstove and I LOVE it. It saves us so much $$$ in the winter. It does take a little bit more effort to run though, no pressing buttons to turn the heat up ;) And I have to make sure to run a humidifier in the house when we use it cause it sucks ALL the moisture out of the air.

    Answer by ANL221 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2011