What is the easiest way any of you found to quit smoking?

ive heard that welbutrin may be ok to take, its a Class B. I also thought about using an electric cigarette to help me as well. real cigarettes are already starting to make me sick to my stomach so i only smoke half of one usually.

Theresa_32

Asked by Theresa_32 at 11:22 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I tried many many things before getting pregnant, Cold turkey is what I did while pregnant.. I had to picture my baby being filled with smoke in the womb. it helped..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I tapered off gradually and it took about 5 days to run put of my last pack of cigs. That was in 2003. But it took a few tries to quit before that.
    I didn't use any kinds of pills or nicotine gum, etc. because none of them sounded safe to use. I just decided to quit because I was tired of smelling like smoke, tired of smoking outside in the rain and the snow, tired of my family giving me a hard time for smoking. LOL.
    I am so glad I quit!!!!
    Good luck!!!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• cold turkey. i would not take medication while i was pregnant, and the e-ciggerate is better then a real cigg but your baby will still be getting nicotine. i just quit 3 weeks ago after smoking for 10 years (only quitting a few other times). I just stay stocked on yummy tasting gum, strawberry is my fav & watermelon .. and i exercise to release the anxiety. you can do this!
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• cold turkey , they made me so sick , chest pain labored breathing etc... i just got so sick of feeling sick i stopped , havent smoked since last thanksgiving
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• smoking while pregnant! nasty!!! Think of your baby and her/his needs! smoke from cancer sticks(cigs) is not one of them!! That is a form of child abuse!!! What the hell is wrong with u!!! Don't defend yourself by saying "I'm addicted". BS!!!!! Wake up and knock the stupid stuff off!!! Your baby is going to face medical issues that will be with the child for life!!!! Stop thinking of yourself!!! Putting a post like this! U will be bashed!!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• When I found out I was pregnant, thats all it took for me to quit.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Cold turkey

Answer by older at 11:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 11:46 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• @Dancer - back the hell off. Unless you smoke and are or have been addicted to cigarettes, dont think you can judge someone who is. It is a lot harder thing to get over than you think. Before you jump down someone's throat, think about how stupid you sound. Its not like she started smoking while she was pregnant, she was smoking before hand. Keep your nasty comments to yourself.

and to answer the post.

Cigarettes started making me feel really really sick and nauseas, the smell of them would make me just about puke. It made it very easy for me to quit because I literally couldnt deal with it. However, it was hard at the same time because I still felt the need to have one, but they made me sick so I couldnt. Unfortunately, I am 28 weeks and the sick feeling is wearing off and I have been dying for a cigarette but i figure if I made it this far without smoking with him in my belly, then I can try to hold out for 12 more weeks.
    lizjones

Answer by lizjones at 11:58 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I was having such a hard time in the beginning when I found out I was pregnant because I craved them more! Explain that one to me, lol. Anyways, my doctor was a HUGE help. I got a bottle and put cigarettes in it so everytime I wanted one I had to grab the baby bottle. It took about a week of that and I was done. told my doctor her idea worked. She said of course it did, that's how I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2011