Have you ever tried a dating web-site?

PURPULbutterfly

Asked by PURPULbutterfly at 11:25 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep. That's how I met my SO. Of course, I also met my former husband that way, and that was a disaster. I guess, just like dating any other way...it's a crapshoot. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:38 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I did when I was a single mom. I had one date from it, we met at a restaurant and had supper - didn't work out. He was a nice guy, we just didn't click. Even though it's supposed to be a "dating" website (I signed up with several), it seemed like many of the men I conversed with just wanted a sexual relationship, not anything else. I ended up meeting my husband at school.

Answer by missanc at 11:34 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes! Dating sites CAN BE a great wat to meet someone new, it just takes the right site. There are so many sites out these days it can be hard to chose wich one to use. If online dating is something you might be interested in please consider using a well known site, such as eharmony.com . The difference between a free dating site and a pay site is, with a free site your going to come into more wierdos and people that may only be interested in one thing. With a pay site people are willing to pay that $100 + to meet someone they want to have a long lasting comitted relationship with. For me i ended up engaged to the first guy i met on eharmony. So online dating can be a great thing just remember..you get what you pay for!
    AydensMommy1109

Answer by AydensMommy1109 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes and let me tell you.......I dated a what seemed like THE most perfect guy in the world. He turned out to be a big liar and psycho. He told me he had cancer when he did not. His dad murdered his wife. And he said he was lying about everything. THen...I dated a guy that of course seemed all nice and perfect at first, then turned out to be THE biggest asshole I've ever known in my life. I had to block him from my phone because he wouldn't leave me alone. That was the last time I eeverrr will mess with a dating website.

BE CAREFUL if you are considering it. It's soooo easy for men to lie on those things and act all wonderful at first. It was very scary for me.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:47 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yup! Who hasn't ?? That's how I met a couple of my good friends. lol :) Never really found someone that I "clicked" with though. lol
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• yes, pof.com
    BalooSkii

Answer by BalooSkii at 3:37 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I never had.but I am kind of paranoid about weirdos out there.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 3:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011