My 4.5 month old will cry in his sleep like he hurts or is upset. Anyone else's baby do this?

cp2009

Asked by cp2009 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes my sons always dont that & still does sometimes, he will be 2 in may. i always just figured that either his tummy was hurting in his sleep or he was having a bad dream.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:28 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes - many babies fuss in their sleep when they are moving from one stage of sleep to another.

Answer by missanc at 11:30 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Yes, she sure did. It was heart breaking to watch, but it was kind of cute at the same time. She still whimpers in her sleep & she is 9 now.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:33 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Is it after you have fed him?? If so, it could be acid reflux which my son had. Treatable by liquid form of Tagamat for children.
    eastcoastgrl

Answer by eastcoastgrl at 11:40 AM on Apr. 6, 2011

• I agree it is sad but cute at the same time :) He will do it almost anytime during the day when he naps. I didn't know if he was having bad dreams or what. I feel helpless when he does it. When I would pick him up he still seems like he is asleep... comforting to know it happens not just to my son.. Thank You Ladies
    cp2009

Comment by cp2009 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• My grown boys did that all the time too. My now 5 1/2 month does it every once in a while. I thought he was awake and crying for feeding or something but my pediatrician has said if he stays asleep then it is baby night mares/dreams/tremors in his sleep and it is very normal.
    Congenial

Answer by Congenial at 2:05 PM on Apr. 6, 2011

• Its sad to think babies this young have nightmares. What could they have bad to dream about :( I hope he out grows it.
    cp2009

Comment by cp2009 (original poster) at 2:39 PM on Apr. 6, 2011