I'm starting the Low carb diet

I was wanting to know sum foods that don't have any carbs. Also you can list low carb foods also. Thanks God bless

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 3:23 AM on Nov. 30, 2008 in Food & Drink

• Low-carb is the way to go; I lost 75 pounds very easily by simply restricting bad carbs. That was 11 years ago!

Lean meats, beans, eggs, and lots of vegetables. Fruits are OK but they are loaded with sugar; yes, it's natural sugar but it is still sugar; will cause spikes in your glucose levels and will trigger hunger pangs, making you crave more sugar/starchy foods.

I allowed myself some carbs (bread, pasta, dessert, etc) but only a bit and only at my dinner meals; breakfast and lunch remained no carb (unless it was good, low-glycemic carbs in the form of veggies). There are plenty of low carb varieties of foods out there but most of them are filled with other things you don't need.

Read "The Carbohydrate Addict's Diet" or "The South Beach Diet" for additional recommendations; I was doing a version of these before the books actually came out.
    Anonymous

• Well the first thing I can suggest for a low carb diet is make sure you read EVERY package before buying. Some item have more carbs than others. DON'T by those prepackaged processed foods. I have replaced whole wheat breads and pastas for the original kind. I love whole wheat bread anyway, but the pasta is really good.
    Diet Soda has no carbs so if you crave a soda drink a diet. I started by not drinking soda at all for 6 months, and now I can't stand to drink a regular soda.
    There is a wrap out called "Flat Out" that doesn't have hardly any carbs in it, and its good for sandwiches, tacos, and even a quick pizza.
    I bought a book called "The Complete Food Management for Type II Diabetes". Even though I didn't have diabetes, it was a great book to tell me how everything works together in your body, including carbs.
    PrincessDi106

Answer by PrincessDi106 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Continued from above.
    I consulted my doctor because I wanted to lose weight and tried everything and could only get rid of 10 pounds. She suggested a low carb diabetes style diet, and low and behold I have lost 24 pounds in 4 months. Heathy eating and regular exersize works.... no more fad diets for me!!!
    PrincessDi106

Answer by PrincessDi106 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 30, 2008

• Don't forget, when you're counting carbs to subtract the fiber count from the carbs! The fiber is good for you and gives you a little more freedom in your carb count! Also, drink lots of water... I did low carb for a while and there are a lot of products made specifically for low carb diets and they actually don't taste bad :) Good luck!
    GPimmy

Answer by GPimmy at 11:51 AM on Nov. 30, 2008